Orange County, Florida Sheriff’s Office
Latent Print Examiner (Part-time 16-32 hrs./week, Contract Position)
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office in Orlando, Florida invites applicants to apply for the position of Part-time Latent Print Examiner (16-32 hrs. / week, Contract Position).
$35.00/hour (without IAI certification, with a minimum of two years full-time latent print experience)
$45.00/hour (with preferred IAI certification and a minimum of two years full-time latent print experience)
Responsible for the examination and comparison of latent fingerprints by examining fingerprint evidence left at scene of crime and attempting to identify suspects, comparing latent prints to the prints of known suspects, and compiling reports on examination findings and entering data into computer systems. May be required to testify in court hearings about work performed.
- Examines fingerprint evidence left at scene of crime and attempts to identify suspects.
- Compares latent prints to the prints of known suspects.
- Uses the Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) to search for a match. May be required to use the Henry System of Identification for locating old prints.
- Compiles reports on examination findings and enters data into computer systems.
- Reviews and corroborates work performed by other Latent Examiners by reviewing in the blind.
- May be required to testify in court hearings about work performed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university in Criminal Justice, Business, or a related field plus two (2) years full-time latent print experience; or Associate’s Degree (A. A. or A. S.) in Criminal Justice or a related field plus four (4) years full-time latent print experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- International Association for Identification Latent Print Examiner Certification, preferred
Please visit our website www.ocso.com and review the job requirements listed in the “Employment” section under “Civilian Positions”. In order to be considered for this position, you MUST complete your online application on that website. This posting is for the Orange County Sheriff’s Office located in FLORIDA.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer